I would like to thank Justine from It’s a Lonely Place, for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog award. I learned she had nominated me the morning of April 5, 2014. I was so surprised. What a great way to start my day.
Justine and I met recently in the blogging world. We discovered we have a variety of things in common. We just finished working together on an article about Bug Hotels for a GreenFriends Newsletter I put together monthly.
Here are the rules for those who are nominated for the One Lovely Blog award.
- Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post
- Share seven things about you.
- Pass the award on to seven nominees.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Inform the nominees by posting on their blogs.
Seven things about myself:
1. During my life I have worked in a nursing home, in retail, as a migrant farm laborer, a nursing student, a postpartum and labor & delivery room nurse, a university instructor & assistant professor and as a hospital clinical nurse specialist. For the last 27 years I have been an individual and group psychotherapist.
2. I have traveled to India 27 times, staying in Amma’s (Mata Amritanandamayi) ashram in South India. My son Sreejit has lived in either Amma’s California ashram or her India ashram since 1994. My daughter Chaitanya has lived in Amma’s India ashram since 1998.
3. I dislike okra and am just beginning to open up to the idea of eating eggplant. I love CHOCOLATE.
4. I’m totally into vermicomposting- using worms to create incredibly rich compost. I LOVE my worms. I have worm bins both in my kitchen and in my yard.
5. My kids have always told me I have a bad memory. My clients would strongly disagree with that, or at least they would have in the past. As I get older I have to admit it is slowly becoming true.
6. I coordinate a litter pick up group that is part of Amma’s GreenFriend’s service programs. There have been times where I’ve been obsessed with picking up litter. In the last two years our group has primarily focused on picking up cigarette butts. Once you start picking them up, you notice they are EVERYWHERE!
7. I don’t like coffee!
My Seven Nominees
- Red Worm Composting ~ I have consulted Bentley’s blog ever since I started vermicomposting. He shares so much information and wisdom that comes from his many years of experience.
- Hummingbird High ~ When I was at a potluck last month, a neighbor brought a banana cream pie which was incredible. I asked for the recipe and she sent me to this blog. It is filled with awesome desert recipes!
- Dave Kester started his Word Press blog recently. He uses it to share information, motivations and experiences that have impacted his life. He writes about knowledge gained in his professional life as well as from his deep insight into the inner recesses of himself. And he has a great sense of humor!
- Where Words Daily Come Alive ~ I recently read a poem by Wendell Brown called “Nature’s Sweet Biracial Child.” Afterwards, I searched for him on the web and found this blog. Even though our spiritual paths are different, when I read his poetry I feel so peaceful.
- A New Perspective Perhaps ~I was recently introduced to this blog and I love it. She is a prolific writer and there is so much variety in her posts. I always receive food for thought.
- Writing Through the Monsters of Our Childhood ~I read a post by Mandy on someone else’s blog several months ago and it was so powerful. I recently found out about her 21 day Moving On Challenge and I definitely am going to follow it closely!
- Bokashi Cycle Blog ~ I read about this type of composting last year and was very intrigued but never tried it. I’m determined to try it this year!
If any of the bloggers I nominated for the award want to participate, please follow the directions above!
Thank you to Ingebird at rectalcancermyass for nominating me for this award at a later time.