I was very excited to be nominated for the Very Inspiring Bloggers Award by Nichole Davis. Her blog Triumphant Wings: My Life with Lupus and Antiphopholipid Syndrome is a place where she shares her journey with two serious chronic illnesses. I particularly appreciate her powerful poem Lost. The poem Lost touched me to my core. Nichole also shares her beautiful photographs on her blog.
Here are the guidelines for the award:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
7 facts about me:
- I have either driven through or lived in every state except Alaska
- I’ve been to India 24 times
- I have a 36 year old daughter and a 39 year old son. They both live in India.
- I was a terrible cook when I raised my kids. They grew up on very simple meals with a lot of frozen dinners thrown in. I practiced a lot of new recipes before they visited Seattle a few weeks ago. It was fun to surprise them. Better late than never.
- My children will take their dad, my ex-husband, to the Tetons and Yellowstone in July. It is a trip that is on his “Bucket List.” He has asked me to come too. I have some concerns about the altitude since I deal with high blood pressure, but I’ve decided my blood pressure is enough under control to join them for part of the trip.
- I was once called for jury duty soon after I started a new job. I was chosen for a trial that lasted for 3 months. I thoroughly enjoyed serving on the jury, but my new employer was very unhappy that I hadn’t attempted to get out of it.
- I took my children to see Prince when they were preteens/teens. I loved his Purple Rain album then, and still do. The song I like best on that album is “When Doves Cry.”
The 15 Amazing Blogs I Nominate:
A Year Without Buying Plastic
Because I Can
Healing Beyond Survival
It’s a Lonely Place
My Plastic Free Life
Open Hearted Musings
Remind Your Mind
That Indian Minimalist
The Relative Cartographer
The Terry Tutors Blog
The Zero Waste Chef
I would also like to thank breakdown chick at Labeled Disabled, Florence at Meanings and Musings, Dream Cloud Diaries, cronechronicler and Macs Moments for nominating me for this award at a later time.